How to decide on a Ductless Heat Pump or Mini Split
Proper heat pump selection and installation is key.
A bigger heat pump is not better as far as size is concerned because it all depends on the space you want to heat/cool.
One of the most important choices you will make in buying a ductless heat pump is which contractor to hire. A good heat pump contractor will correctly size your heat pump and ensure the equipment is installed properly. They will respond promptly when you have a problem, provide ongoing maintenance, and act as a go-between with the manufacturer to replace failed parts under warranty.
A site visit and consultation is always needed to choose optimal ductless heat pump size, features and installation. Whether you live in Bedford, Sackville, Tantallon, Dartmouth, Halifax, Fall River, Chester or Musquodoboit, we have your heat pump requirements covered and have compiled a list of important considerations.
Book an appointment with GForce for a heat pump estimate.
Questions to address before deciding on a ...
- Does the installer service the equipment?
- Are they licensed and certified?
- Are they insured?
- Who is providing the warranty, what is covered and for how long?
- Do they have references you can contact?
Heat pump ...
- How much space are you heating/cooling?
- Determines the size of heat pump required.
- How you are using your home?
- Impacts placement of inside ducted unit.
- How is your space laid out?
- Consider air flow.
- What is your budget?
- Consider heat pump features and functionality needs vs. wants.
- How are you currently heating your home?
- Consider ducted vs. ductless heat pumps.
- Will your electrical panel accommodate a heat pump?
- Can it handle the current?
- Where will the outside unit be installed?
- Consider heat pump space and clearance requirements.